Friday, June 12, 2009

Oh God

So one of the fears of internet dating is that you might run into someone in cyberspace that you don't want to. In my line of work, that definitely means a client or someone associated with your workplace or practice as an impartial and professional mental health therapist. I like my church and state separated. Let's just say that putting yourself out there on the internet when you work in the social service/mental health arena has some risks. Today someone in the nonprofit world emailed me. Chances are that we don't intersect in the professional word, but who knows. The last time I tried internet dating (which I might qualify was a verrrrrry short-lived experiment) someone approached me who stated, and I quote "I'm a very prominent child psychiatrist in the area, so I can't reveal my picture at this time." I'm pretty sure it was a creepy guy that I used to work with at the Oaks, but it was never confirmed. So there you have it.

In my last blog I mentioned single girl cliches, and I'd like to share yet another. Last weekend: me, a bottle of wine, and "He's Just Not That Into You" on pay-per-view. Oh god. So pathetic.

I think I might use this blog as an opportunity to share the weird things that I see out on the road when I'm traveling the outreaches of WA for my job. I hope to shares some pictures soon too. Today--a sign advertising "blackjack academy." I am pretty sure that I would make more money after going through blackjack academy than my master's in social work, but I just don't have the time to invest at this point. I'm too busy watching "Steel Magnolias" and
"Pretty Woman."

No comments:

Post a Comment